Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number - no confirmation message

emilyjb90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just got a new O2 contract and wanted to transfer my old number over from 3. I got the PAC code ok and completed the keep your number form earlier but I haven't received any confirmation by email or text.

Is this normal? From what I gathered there is supposed to be some sort of confirmation soon after. Or shall I just keep waiting?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Give it another 24 hours or so and if still no joy, contact CS via phone to have it checked.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Give it another 24 hours or so and if still no joy, contact CS via phone to have it checked.

Message 2 of 7

emilyjb90
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I've just spoken to an advisor on the live chat. I gave them my details and PAC code and was told the transfer would be done in 2 - 24 hours. Hopefully will be sorted now.

Message 3 of 7

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I gave my PAC code to the call centre on 202. I gave it to o2 on a Friday afternoon, the "we're moving your number" message came on the Monday and the port itself happened the next day. Apparently ports just don't happen at the weekend.

I would suggest just giving 202 a tinkle to make sure your port is in progress and hopefully your confirmation message will arrive on Monday.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely give 202 a call as live chat is not always reliable.

Message 5 of 7

emilyjb90
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, thanks. Will give them a call tomorrow morning.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome. Hope it gets sorted soon for you.

Message 7 of 7