cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my existing mobile number to my Sim.

MGC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I supplied a PAC code 2 days ago to transfer my mobile number to my new O2 SIM. Nothing has happened yet. How long might it take?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@MGC  Ports at the moment are running very slowly, and ports don't happen at all on weekends.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MGC
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Bambino.

I understand we have to be patient in these difficult times.

My worry is, when you say it may be days or weeks to do the transfer, I am due to loose my old SIM and mobile number this coming Wednesday (8th) due to redundancy and I cannot afford to loose my mobile number.

So fingers crossed; I tried to ring support but of course all but urgent requirements are screened out.

May I just add that the link you provided with tips relating to the current crisis was extremely useful.

Thanks,

Mark

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Why would you lose your sim die to redundancy, unless it is a company phone?
In which case it is not yours to transfer?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

MGC
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is a company mobile and SIM, I transferred my mobile number to the company mobile SIM 4 years ago and they have agreed to let me transfer it back to my new O2 SIM.

The PAC is okay until 1st May, so I hope it will be okay, but I understand from the O2 Community that it may take days or Weeks.

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122921 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @MGC 

Yes things like porting are running very slow currently .

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6