Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring existing o2 number to new o2 account

cm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My refresh O2 mobile account  was due to expire shortly and I wanted to change to a SIM only deal

I did this through virgin mobile as the tariff was much cheaper than doing it through O2

Virgin arranged for a new SIM to be sent out this was an O2 SIM with a new number  and they said that once I received this I would be able to transfer my existing O2 number  to the new SIM

The new SIM arrived on the 8th March and I made 3 calls to O2 on the 8 March and in the final call I was told that there was a small outstanding amount on the device plan  which I paid over the phone I was told that the number would be transferred in about 24 hours, I called back on the 10th March and spoke to someone who seemed to know what they were talking about he filled out another request for the old number to be transferred to the new account and he said he would call me back to let me know what was happening, he did call me back on the 13th & 15th March and in the final call he said it was all sorted and my old O2 number would get transferred to the new SIM within 24 hours.

I did explain to him that when I ordered the new SIM through Virgin I was asked for an email address that wasn’t mine so I gave them my wifes email address which I spelt out to him but they appear to have got wrong, I don’t know why I had to give him the alternative email address but obviously if any email was sent it will have gone to the wrong email account.

On the 21st March  the old number still hadn’t been transferred to the new SIM so I called again and spoke to 2 customer service agents and basically got no-where and was told that they would fill in the request again.

Totally frustrated i emailed a complaint to O2 on the 21st March but still havent heard anything

I have asked on numerous occassions if i need to get a PAC code to transfer the number but i have been told that i dont need one.

Any assistance in getting this sorted would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

DataKween
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There's very little hope honestly; I've called, gone into a branch, web-chatted and complained via email over the past 5 weeks (15 different instances where I've communicated the issue with someone and it's still yet to be solved) and now I'm currently in the stage of complaining via Resolver: https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints?territory_id=5

Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

There is a bit of a stumbling block if transfer of ownership comes into the equation, @cm - and I note you gave a different e-mail address to the CS Rep you were talking to, which failed. If your and the other person's e-mail does not contain a response, check your SPAM and Trash too, then I think you would benefit from help of one of the O2 Advisors, @O2Sarah- is on from 8am Monday (no cover on Sunday in this respect, alas) - so keep an eye open for a message from Sarah agter 8am Monday morning. Good luck!

Message 3 of 6

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@cm I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 4 of 6

cm
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My old O2 number was eventually transferred to the new O2 SIM  today

Its taken 20 days but it is all sorted now (hopefully)

Thank you to @O2Sarah and Michael in O2s complaint review service

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Great news, @cm - glad you finally got sorted! And thanks to @O2Sarah- as well as the O2 Complaints dept! 

Message 6 of 6