cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Personal (Pay Monthly) Account to Business Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a charge involved to transfer my personal pay monthly contract to a Business account?

(I have a limited company, but use my personal contract for a lot of business use)

I keep getting conflicting information from o2 staff...

-The first advisor said there is no charge, I just have to complete this form

However he didn't sound very confident, so I called again to double check;

-The second advisor said I would have to pay up the remainder of my personal contract (13 months), then set set up a new business contract and transfer my number

This sounded a bit pointless, as basically the answer is "No" to my above question, and the thing that made me doubt their answer was that the online transfer form does not mention anyhting about paying a termination fee.

So I called a 3rd time, but the advisor again said the only way to get my contract to display my company name is to cancel my personal contract and pay the termination fee.

Have I been advised correctly?  

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous I would ring o2 business customer services from a landline 0800 028 0202 for clarity on this issue it is easy the other way around at end of business contract -1 month like i did last year but a very long time since I have gone consumer to business and fear as they are on seperate billing systems this is what causes the issues and not just the formal change of ownership . Personal name to company name

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I am not sure if honest. We have a member @adamtemp64 who had a business account. I will tag him in and hope he can advise further..

Edited to add this information I found about transferring accounts http://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/accounts/transfer-an-account

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Cleoriff.

That's the link I got the transfer form I mentioned above.

It's just that I can't find any information about the process in terms of what happens to the contract...and if an fees are involved, does the length stay the same etc.

The website doesn't mention it, so I'd assume it's a simple process of changing the names and agreeing any business terms....it's just the advisors saying I'd need to cancel and pay up front the remainder of my contract has caused the confusion.

Hopefully the guy you've tagged in your post can help slight_smile

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm pretty sure that it's like any other name change in that you'd be best to do it when the current contract has ended or else pay the termination fees upfront.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I know @adamtemp64 is at work but will pick up the message when he can...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous I would ring o2 business customer services from a landline 0800 028 0202 for clarity on this issue it is easy the other way around at end of business contract -1 month like i did last year but a very long time since I have gone consumer to business and fear as they are on seperate billing systems this is what causes the issues and not just the formal change of ownership . Personal name to company name

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I took your approach and called Business instead of the non business customer services. They confirmed you cannot  transfer your personal pay monthly account into the name of a business.

You have to end your personal pay monthly account and pay up the remainder of contract, then create a new business contract and transfer the number over, so you'd effectively have to pay twice (for the period that remaining on your contact).

So case closed. Thanks for all the help.

I do think o2 need to update their website though, as the personal > business transfer form mentions nothing about process and costs involved.

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased its sorted @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thought so, unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
@Toby one for the website and CS teams so that they can update everything...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 10