Did you mean: 

Transfer of ownership

Jess1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good morning,

Please can someone help. I’ve had a contact in my mums name since is was about 15 and I decide to open a new contract in my own name recently.

I opened the contract in an O2 store and he advised that I could make the transfer of ownership with number from the old contract to the new contract. Easy right?

So far I have rung customer services three times and got different information all three times.

The first phone call said that mum could set up a password on the account and I could ring up and arrange the transfer.

The second phone call mum rang to set up said password and was told that we couldn’t set up a password but he could carry out the change of ownership. She also asked if I could ring up and pay off the remainder of the balance. Perfect all done.

Third phone call... I ring up say I want to pay of the device plan for the number. Nope unfortunately this cannot be done as the card won’t be in the contract owners name.

Customer services has given me such different conflicting information. All I want to do is move the number from one SIM / contract to another and pay a plan off. There isn’t going to be a time until Christmas when we are in the same room together and mum has moved away!

Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your mum needs to request the number transfer to your account and you both need to be on the call or in the same store together.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your mum needs to request the number transfer to your account and you both need to be on the call or in the same store together.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Jess1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I asked last night if I could merge the call so both of us are on the phone and I was told I was allowed.
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jess1

I hope you got it sorted then?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It’s the only way unless you can go in store. Try again or maybe @EmilieT can help you next week?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Jess1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you.

No still not sorted. I was told now I can’t merge a call. We can’t go to a store together as she has moved away and we won’t be together until Christmas Day which obviously doesnt help.

I don’t want to be pay two contracts for a month because of o2 and their conflicting information. It’s so frustrating every time you call you get a different answer.
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would go with a call merge, they won't know she isnt on an extension in the same room.

Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Jess1, and welcome to the Community! I just wanted to heck if there had been any progress since yesterday, or if you'd still like some help with this? If so please just give me a shout, and I'll get one of our gurus to look into it for you slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention, and everyone else for the advice!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

JohnE24
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi E

i have the same problem.  Want to transfer ownership to my daughter who is now an adult so that she can transfer the number to her new account without us being in the same town.  Can’t get help from O2 Customer Support.  

Message 9 of 9