cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of ownership

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am the current account holder for my daughter's phone bill however the bill comes out of her bank account. She wants to change it into her name so she can build up her credit score as she currently has very little, or no credit score at all. Does anybody know how I can go do this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately it can't be done. You would have to close the account and she would have to open a new account in her name amended subject to a credit check. Obviously there would be fees to pay such as paying off the handset if on Refresh. 

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Her best bet would be to take a sim only contract with O2 whilst keeping her current phone.
The SIMO would be easier to get assuming she has a low credit rating, but at the same time will help her build up her credit score.
Wise though to do this when the contract has reached it's minimum term as advised by jonsie or else there will be cancellation fees to pay.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to our forum! slight_smile

Please do check the information above from our members (thanks @jonsie and @MI5!) - let us know if you got all the info you needed or if you have any additional questions we could help with?

Message 4 of 4