Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of ownership not going through

CarlosC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to move over a number with O2 from my dad to myself (as I've basically been using it as my own number for many years now, and finally getting round to sorting this) - the contract on his old number expired in January and is now on a rolling monthly, and I've set up a new 12 month contract in my name with a temporary number on Sunday.

I've now put the transfer of ownership request in twice (calling 202 from the temporary number & new SIM, and with my dad on the phone to answer the security questions for his account, and then switching back to the old SIM) - once on Sunday afternoon in the local O2 store after setting up the new contract in my name, and again yesterday (Tuesday) morning - the first time I was told it would be actioned in 24-48 hours, yesterday I was told 24 hours and I would receive a text message to confirm it was going to happen.

It's now 24 hours since the second attempt, and it still has not gone through - nor could customer services explain why the first attempt had failed yesterday.

I was advised to leave the old SIM in my phone, until it stopped working, and then swap over to the new SIM on my contract - however, the old SIM on my dad's contract is still working just fine, and still receiving calls on the old number.

Is there something obviously wrong I'm doing, or missing here, for this to actually work, or is there a different number or process I need to go through?

I'm getting a bit frustrated at having to keep calling up customer services, paying for two accounts (as the original contract in my dad's name is being paid from my bank account, as well as the new contract), and having to organise my dad to be around every time I call up to answer all the security questions, for this to just keep not going through (especially as each time has taken around 45 minutes to an hour, and constantly being put on hold during the process).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Not sure why it is failing each time @CarlosC, but as you have tried repeatedly with customer services let's see if the community advisors can help.

Can you see if this is something you can resolve @O2Ryan ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@CarlosC 

You need a number migration Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I'll tag @O2Ryan to assist.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 5

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 4 of 5

TipsyBob
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you ever get this resolved?

You situation is EXACTLY the same as mine.
I'm using an O2 number for years which is under my dads name (when we were in business)
I want to keep the number so we also went to a O2 shop, they gave me a temporary sim with a new number etc, said to call O2 and they will transfer it over. Keep the old sim in until it stops etc.. same as you.

I've waited 4 days and still nothing. Old sim still receciving calls.

Message 5 of 5