Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number to new SIM

hairybarbarian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I found some deals online, that are much better value than the tariff that I am currently on (which I can't see on the O2 website).

If I order a SIM for one of those deals, can I transfer my existing number to the new SIM when it arrives?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@hairybarbarian 

If you order a new sim, then you will first off need to pass any credit and affordability checks,  and paying off the remainder of your current tariff before been allowed to move your number..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

It's easier if you upgrade to a new tariff but if not you can migrate your number.

There may be early cancellation fees though Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

To upgrade or buy use USwitch
https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/o2/
Choose the deal you want
This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website
Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option
Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost
Payment date is the same and your next bill will be cat a cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff
The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours
Volt benefits will still apply as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

It also appears that O2 are conducting credit checks on upgrades too now @hairybarbarian 

So something worth considering depending on your circumstances.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4