cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer mobile number from o2 simplicity to new o2 contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on simplicity on o2, the cheapest contract.

And bought the samsung jet from carphonewarehouse (CPW) for £15 a month (unlimited texts + 100mins- free phone)...Anyway... I was told I would have to take a completely new contract as that offer wasn't available on upgrade, so I did just that, and now I am wondering if it is possible for me to o2 keep my o2 simplicity (1month) contract number with the new contract (24 months).

It's not a big problem for me- having a new number- but I'd like to keep my oldnumber if possible.

So is there any way to do this.

If this isn't possible, can I cancel the simplicity contract, and keep my o2 simplicity contract sim active so I can still receive texts, etc, from the few people that i can't get my new number to?

I'd really appreciate help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is possible, contact customer services and choose the option for "thinking of leaving o2". CPW were lying however, that tariff is available on upgrade.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on simplicity on o2, the cheapest contract.
And bought the samsung jet from carphonewarehouse (CPW) for £15 a month (unlimited texts + 100mins- free phone)...Anyway... I was told I would have to take a completely new contract as that offer wasn't available on upgrade, so I did just that, and now I am wondering if it is possible for me to o2 keep my o2 simplicity (1month) contract number with the new contract (24 months).
It's not a big problem for me- having a new number- but I'd like to keep my oldnumber if possible.
So is there any way to do this.
If this isn't possible, can I cancel the simplicity contract, and keep my o2 simplicity contract sim active so I can still receive texts, etc, from the few people that i can't get my new number to?
I'd really appreciate help.

It is an upgrade deal, however I'm not too sure if Carphone Warehouse would be able to upgrade you (if you signed up through o2 and not Carphone Warehouse).
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have transferred my number now anyway!

I got my simplicity contract through o2.

And the jet on 24month contract via CPW (100 mins + unlimited texts)

So, did they actually lie when they said it wasn't available on upgrade? And why would they do that?

They guy seemed a bit doted (& young) so he could have made a mistake. He wasn't sure of anything he was saying.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
More commission on a new contract than upgrade. wink
Message 5 of 5