Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This site can't be reached

-terryb1990-
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since this morning (12th August), some sites that i have tried to access on through my mobile data have come up with "This site can't be reached", however it will work if i try to go on them through my wifi.

When i click on "Details" on the error page it shows the below info -

The connection was reset.

Try:

• Checking the connection

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I checked the network status and it did say that they are currently working on a phone mast in the area and that my service might come and go until they have finished. - wasnt sure if it was something to do with this

I have also been online and spoken to someone on live chat, but have still not been able to solve it.

Has anyone had or have the same problem? And have you been able to solve it?

Any help is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@-terryb1990- 

It does sound like it's connected to the network fault so you may just have to hang on until it's fixed.

Reboot your phone every now and then too, which will refresh the network connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@-terryb1990- 

It does sound like it's connected to the network fault so you may just have to hang on until it's fixed.

Reboot your phone every now and then too, which will refresh the network connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @-terryb1990- , how are you getting on at the moment?

To add to the above, if you see the My Network (Beta) button here on the Service Status page, you can register there for updates too if you haven't already.

I've tried it out with my work and home addresses, and when any mast work is going on there, I get a text message notifying me of it, as well as when it's been fixed. Pretty handy!

Message 3 of 3