cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Cancelling My Contract!

Anonymous
Not applicable
i was wondering if anyone could help me.

i "upgraded" my phone about 3 months ago, the phone itself is brilliant! however the tarrif i am on is appauling, and i regualy go over my allowance and rack up charges.

yes yes, i know i should have looked for a better tarrif before the upgrade, but changes at work and in my personal life since the upgrade means that this is no longer the tarrif for me.

i have emailed o2 and they said i cant do anything until so many months of my contarct have passed (i am on and 18month contract).

but i am getting charged loads, so does anyone know what i can do as regards to cancelling my contract?
what will i have to pay to do this?

thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're going over your allowance then move up a tariff to suit your usage.

You can cancel by all means but you will then be required to pay your monthly line rental x remaining months.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you cancel it'll be the number of months left on your contract multiplied by your monthly line rental.

However, although you need to have had the contract for 9 months before moving it down, o2 will allow you to move it up at any time. Just give customer services a call on 0870 600 3009 and they'll advise what's available.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
ive asked to upgrade, but their isnt a tarrif that suits my needs, but there is if i buy an o2 phones from elsewhere!

how much will it cost me to cancel, does anyone know?
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like we've said, it will cost you your monthly line rental multiplied by the reminaing amount of months.

What tariff do you need?
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like we've said, it will cost you your monthly line rental multiplied by the reminaing amount of months.
What tariff do you need?

I am also confused by the OP's post.

Surely, if the OP is spending £100 a month, he would be better off paying the £75 a month tariff as it would be £25 cheaper and probably some (if not all) of the free mins and texts would cover all his needs.

But you are right, what tariff are you on OP and what tariff would suit you?
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
im on the pay monthly £35pm.

which gives me 400 free mins and 1500 free texts.

but i use up both!
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding the texts part could you not add on the unlimited texts bolt on of £7.50 per month, this would save you would it not and maybe move up a tariff to increase you minutes?
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
i rung up o2 and asked for an unlimited bolt on, but was told that such a thing doesnt exist!!!

the best i could do was £7.50 for 500 texts.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats not correct, i have been advised today that you can have unlimited text bolt on for £7.50 on iphone tariffs, maybe the bolt ons are specific to the tariff?
Message 10 of 12