cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts

Anonymous
Not applicable
For the last two days texts not arriving all day then suddenly I get up to 20 in 1 minute why is this happening does anybody know . I have checked tugo and they are on there so annoying not happy .
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds like either a phone or sim problem and seeing as the easiest thing to do first is replace the sim that's what I would suggest

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi batman,

This has been a topic of conversation in the past.

It's thought to be an issue when the Network gets congested or one mast near you gets overloaded with traffic.

Turning your phone off and back on or toggling on an airplane mode is known to help.

So is removing your sim and cleaning it with a soft dry cloth

Some have had their sim replaced just in case the sim is failing. This is carried out via two ways.

Pop into an O2 store and they will swap it for you instore or take the account specific blank SIM card and use this online form : http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Or ask Cs to post you one out and use the same link above.

Typically takes a few minutes but can take up to 24 hours.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi batman

Just a thought but is tugo not notifying you when the messages come in? If it is doesn't that sort of solve your issue in that at least they are coming in? And you can reply?
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you are right about tugo but doesn't help getting them through to my phone . I don't have access to tugo always when I am at work .
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi batman

Totally agree with you on both counts. it does sound to me to be a transmission issue. Have you checked status to see if there are any issues with local masts suffering high usage?

status.o2.co.uk
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest a replacement sim to start with its free and easy to change
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have checked status of network and it's fine but still no texts doh lol .
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are they delayed if you send a text as well as those being received?
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Have you tried signing out of TuGo to see if the texts come through the stock app?

What phone do you have? If it's Samsung do you have Hangouts enabled as text handler?

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
My texts keeps saying sending but takes hours for them to go . Hangout is switched off . Got samsung s4 only had it few weeks . Shud have gone with another network doh
Message 10 of 13