cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting abroard

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in Crete for 1 week.  Whilst there I texted 53 times!!!  My phone sent nearly 1,000 texts!! now 02 are trying to charge me for the texts I didn't send!!  Absolutely out of order. I've been pn the phone continuously for 48 hours with a lovely lady called Sarah Chatterton who has been trying to help but so far she has only been allowed to offer me £50 off my £151.05 bill!  I am a 68 year old pensioner, luckily not with a heart condition, although 02 don't know this.   The Watford assistant in the 02 has heard of trouble with Blackberry but never to this extent.   The assistant there witnessed the fact that I only sent 53 texts so 02 have proof that that is the total amount of texts sent from my phone.  I was threatened with collection agencies and eventually Court action!  Unbeliebable.  the matter has now been forwarded to the tele ombundsman and the press, also Watchdog and the Gloria Hunniford programme. They don't like little old ladies being threatened in this way and the attendant publicity will be crippling to 02.  see you in Court 02 and the Daily Mail!!!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but nobody is likely to listen to you until you have exhausted the O2 complaint service first, more details here on how to raise a complaint:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

This problem could have been caused by the network in Crete or a fault with the phone, or a fault with Blackberry, so take it steadily and hopefully you'll get a good outcome.

I'll take a guess that you have cancelled your direct debit to stop them taking the money, this can be a bad move and O2 are entitiled to claim for the balance of your contract.

Staying calm and detailing the problem carefully without showing anger or being upset will get the best result.

Please come back and let us know how you get on.

Good luck.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which is why I advise either not taking your mobile phone on a short holiday at all ,or use a local sim if your phone is unlocked to all networks.

The amount of people that post with similar situations is growing.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145094 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Never been threatened with Gloria Hunniford before slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Never been threatened with Gloria Hunniford before slight_smile

Well she scares meSmiley Surprised

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Suspect a possible Greek network issue here, as said before, use the complaints procedure first as all these threats of going to every tv programme will fall on deaf ears & they won't do anything about it unless hundreds of people call in with the same issue
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Its really weird how different my experience is with a similar issue...When I was in Spain my S3 kept 'dropping' out during calls (incoming or outgoing) This of course resulted in the 50p connection fee being repeated over and over again, so the cost of making and receiving calls was horrendously high. When I returned to the UK (on the advice of this forum) I rang 202, explained the problem...the CS was brilliant. he went through every call I made and could see those that only lasted less than 5 mins and refunded every single 50p. (total of £25!)

I must admit though, I always play the 'nice but dim' card when I speak to CS and it works for me. Smiley LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
@cleoriff
"I must admit though, I always play the 'nice but dim' card when I speak to CS and it works for me."

And that's why your problems were solved, because both parties remained calm and collected.

@TigerJan
"I am a 68 year old pensioner, luckily not with a heart condition, although 02 don't know this."

Is it compulsory to get a heart condition at 68 or should people just assume?

The people at Watchdog and especially the Daily Mail are not going to listen to anything unless you have complained using official channels and then been treated unfairly by them and then complained about them and got treated unfairly etc.....

The days of "I'm going to Anne Robinson about this" and companies running scared are over I'm afraid in this climate.
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Cleoriff
"I must admit though, I always play the 'nice but dim' card when I speak to CS and it works for me."

And that's why your problems were solved, because both parties remained calm and collected.

@gillfankev...Agree. Never shoot the poor 'messenger'. The person you get on the end of the phone isnt the one who caused the problem but if you are polite you nearly always get the best out of folk. I must admit I can be a rottweiler when needed, but my nursing background taught me lots of things including the art of 'softly softly catches monkey' haha

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9