Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text setting on iPhone 7

daydreamer
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I've just got a new iPhone 7 but am having problems setting it up for text messaging,   I appear to be able to send/receive from some but not others,could someone please confirm what the settings should be. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

daydreamer
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just to update, spoke with several O2 customer services advisers this morning and general opinion was the phone was faulty. Spoke to John Lewis who would not accept responsibility  and  fobbed me onto Apple, i spoke to a very nice person at Apple who felt johnn Lewis were not upholding my consumer rights.

In the end i tried a factory reset and so far it's working.

Unfortunately i had ordered 2 new phones from John Lewis and was so frustrated by the experience, sent one back unopened and won't be in a rush to buy from them again.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@daydreamer 

Have a look at this guide Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received)  and see if that helps at all.

Check also that you have iData applied to your new phone. It shouldn't affect texts etc, but it is an integral part of iPhone settings.

Call O2 on any number in this guide to check. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@daydreamer 

Make sure you have send as SMS turned on in message settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

daydreamer
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thank for the replies. 

I had a live chat earlier and according to her, I don't have an iPhone bolt on , she said it doesn't cost anything so added it but it may take up to 24hours to activate. It sounded a bit of a fob off so i popped into the shop, he basically said the same. Will try again tomorrow. Watch this space.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes, that would be the iData bolt on I mentioned earlier @daydreamer 

Let us know how you get on please. Best of luck thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@daydreamer 

As mentioned above, iData or the lack of, will not effect sms.

Is it just sms you are having a problem with or is it iMessage too?

Have you chcked your number is showing in Settings >Phone >My Number

Have you changed from pay monthly to PAYG or vice versa and not had a new sim?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

daydreamer
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just to update, spoke with several O2 customer services advisers this morning and general opinion was the phone was faulty. Spoke to John Lewis who would not accept responsibility  and  fobbed me onto Apple, i spoke to a very nice person at Apple who felt johnn Lewis were not upholding my consumer rights.

In the end i tried a factory reset and so far it's working.

Unfortunately i had ordered 2 new phones from John Lewis and was so frustrated by the experience, sent one back unopened and won't be in a rush to buy from them again.

Message 7 of 7