cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text & Web – Unable to send MMS – Move from 02?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have searched for similar threads but no one has my particular query on it, hence a new post.

I recently moved from a rolling O2 tariff SIM to a text and web SIM. I haven’t changed my phone, a Samsung Tocco.

Since moving to the new pay as you go SIM I have not been able to receive or send MMS texts. When I try to send a MMS I get “Sending Failed, User Barred
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86634 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5003 Solutions
Can't help with your specific problem but perhaps you can check the settings on the links below.

GPRS Settings
MMS Settings
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes when you change from PAYG to contract or vice-versa, this can happen. Put non-technically, it can appear to CS that you are fully setup (this is called provisioned) when in fact you aren't. As I understand it, this doesn't happen very often so few CS know about it.

The way to solve it, is to email them and tell them you have been advised to ask them to "check that MMS is provisioned on both systems". Don't call them, email.

If this still fails, then ask them to remove MMS and then provision it again. (You can do this by phone if you want)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
This will sort your problem out: Call in or e-mail them and ask for MMS to be removed. Then wait 24 hours. E-mail/call them again and ask for it to be re-added. Make sure your settings are ok and within another 24hrs, it should start working for you. Let me know how you get on.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
This will sort your problem out: Call in or e-mail them and ask for MMS to be removed. Then wait 24 hours. E-mail/call them again and ask for it to be re-added. Make sure your settings are ok and within another 24hrs, it should start working for you. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks badboi, will try your approach. The replacement sim arrived the other day and as I predicted it made no difference whatsoever so I will email as suggested.

Thanks

Totty
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
form experience aswell i agree most cs dont check all of the systems for this but also just making sure that you delete the contract settings from the handset can also help.

if that fails i wouldnt email id call and ask for mms to be removed off your account as its a simple click button and its quicker to get it done that way and if you get a lead advisor or some one with the wits on then they will re-provision it 24hrs later for you aswell if you ask.
Message 6 of 6