Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service

blink
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was leaving my old network, and went to an O2 store to get a pay monthly sim, I had my own phone a S20 ultra 5g so I just wanted a basic one month contract. I was signed up, new number etc and it appeared to be ok

Then I noticed that the data was really poor, slow to nothing at work, then I really noticed when I went to Chester, no signal at all, unable to make phone calls. I asked at the shop and was told that its probably my phone at fault and that I should upgrade. I bought a S22 ultra 5g out right, and its made no difference

It often shows decent signal on the phone, and 4 or 5 g but it just doesn't work. It's slightly better before about 9am, but after that, its so bad I have to connect to public wifi spots

I went back to the shop where they reset some settings and they gave me a replacement SIM, which made no difference

Any suggestions how I can fix this? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6619 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Yep. The times I see Chester mentioned. The network is grossly oversubscribed there and there won't be a quick fix from O2

How do you fix it? Well if it is a 30 day contract you will need to move.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

blink
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

its just as bad in Sheffield and Chesterfield too, if its the fault of the network, why would the store tell me its my phone, then my SIM

I can't believe the network is so bad in 2023

I have checked my account and its saying my contract doesn't end until the end of 2024, not sure why, when I went for a 1 month contract in the shop

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@blink Sounds like the O2 shop staff have been economic with the truth on a number of levels. If this has all happened within the last 14 days you should get out while you can: Returning your device | Help & Support | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

blink
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

its been over some time, so im out of the 14 days. 

Think im going to go back to the shop tomorrow

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@blink If you're past the change of mind period you're probably up the creek. I'm not sure that going back to the store will alter anything. You might want to think about lodging a formal complaint that you were misled  about the contract you were sold: How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

blink
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thats what ill do, but ill speak to the store first

Message 7 of 7