Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff charge

Bloodnut
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently signed a contract with a tariff of £44 per month, but I am being charged £65.69 tarriff on my first bill.

I tried to get on Live Chat, but when I got to the question,  ‘ What do you want to talk about’, the link does not work and I’m denied access.

I’ve been trying for 30 minutes now and am just going round in circles, why is it so difficult?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bloodnut If it’s your first bill then you will have been charged a month in advance & a pro rata allowance until your bill date

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Bloodnut You'll get a better result if you call customer service on 202 from your mobile. We are all customers here, and have no access to anyone's account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bloodnut If it’s your first bill then you will have been charged a month in advance & a pro rata allowance until your bill date

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bloodnut International calls, texts, premium rate numbers and MMS messages are not included and will be charged extra. Your MyO2 will give you a breakdown of the additional charges. http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 

See additional charges help here too https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/other-numbers-and-charges

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Bloodnut wrote:

I recently signed a contract with a tariff of £44 per month, but I am being charged £65.69 tarriff on my first bill.

I tried to get on Live Chat, but when I got to the question,  ‘ What do you want to talk about’, the link does not work and I’m denied access.

I’ve been trying for 30 minutes now and am just going round in circles, why is it so difficult?

If you signed it in a shop, O2 presumably, this should have been explained to you: their could be a pro-rata element to your bill to take you to the end of the current billing cycle you are in - common on a Pay Monthly upgrade renewal, if you have not done one before. 

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Bloodnut, I was wondering if the info above helped you understand this first bill better, or if you found out more about it at all since you last posted?

Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7