cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to o2 previous number has not been transferred - not happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've switched from Giffgaff to 02 due to the fact, the signal for 02 is strong in my area and I have most of my family on the network. I got the PAC code from Giffgaff and filled a form in on Friday afternoon, told my number would switch to 02. 

Monday came, still not switched over. Spoke to someone on the chat and they said to keep waiting until Tuesday. Tuesday is here, still no joy. I spoke to someone again on live chat - they said my number could not be ported due to a technical issue. He filled in the form - promised it would be Wednesday. Wednesday passed - nothing. We are now into Thursday - I popped into my local 02 store - they said they couldn't do anything. Put me on to customer service using their landline. The agent said it was due to be switched over today over the phone. It's nearly the end of Thursday and I am still not using my previous number.

Why is this happening? I need this number as I have relatives who don't use IM apps and for my landlord to contact and for job interviews. Is there any hope I can have my old number ported over, or shall I concede and take the temporary number full-time. I'm very annoyed and wish to be compensated for four days without a number.

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You will get it but looks like you need to keep calling CS until someone gets a hold of the problem for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You will get it but looks like you need to keep calling CS until someone gets a hold of the problem for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
It better happen soon! I'm going blue in the face ranting at them to sort this out. It's not good.
Message 3 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@MI5 could this be a split port? Would @Anonymous be better going back to giffgaff and starting again?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
GiffGaff have already closed the account and the sim for them is dead. What is a split port may I ask?
Message 5 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

It's when only part of the service is active...so in respect of that it can't be split as you have no service at all.

You just need to keep onto O2 and turn your phone on and off at regular intervals to see if the O2 network appears..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you - I mean all I have so far is an 02 sim where I was advised to top up and the number would take over with the existing credit. I keep turning it on and off and no joy at all.
Message 7 of 28

MI5
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
So can I just check....
gg sim is dead?
o2 sim is active but with wrong number?
What phone are you using?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes MI5 that is correct. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime mobile. I tried the sim in my other phone the Lg K4 and no joy.
Message 9 of 28

MI5
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
So that indicates to me that the port has started. When did the gg sim go dead?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 28