Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched From Tesco Mobile, Voicemail Not Working

Lokiman136
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. As the Subject title indicates, I have been unable to activate voicemail since I switched from Tesco Mobile to 02 just over a week ago. I am aware that Tesco effectively 'piggybacks' on the 02 network, so I have no idea if this is the source of the problems. The bottom line is that I have gone back and forth with 02 customer services over the course of the week and appear to be getting nowhere. When I dial 1750 to activate voicemail, I get the following message:

"Your messaging service could not be set up as we have not received your number - please call customer services for assistance".

I can see that others on this forum have had the same or a similar problem, but none of the suggested solutions have worked so far. I tried deactivating the 4g and wifi calling, and while this did actually result in the issue appearing to resolve itself (there was no "we have not received your number" message) when my phone was called, the voicemail was still not active. The phone would just ring before cutting off. The matter has been referred to 02 technical teams, but so far nothing seems to work. The slightly odd thing is that if I dial 901, I can access my voicemail mailbox with the greeting intact from when I originally set it up on the Tesco network. Tesco is adamant that the mailbox is no longer active on their network. I've tried resetting the PIN on the voicemail, updating the iPhone software....you name it. I'm losing patience at this point, particularly as I really need voicemail for my business. Help!!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Lokiman136 The customer service number for business accounts is 8002

You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lokiman136 

Try dialing

**61*901*11*30# then press SEND

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Lokiman136
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work. It did actually result in a message on the phone along the lines of call forwarding having been activated, but there's no difference once you call my number or if I call 1750.

Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lokiman136 

Sounds like you will need to speak to O2 then unfortunately.

Apart from social media you can call then on any of the numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

8.00am is the best time to call to avoid long waiting times.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

Lokiman136
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. To be clear, I've been speaking to them for over a week now and nothing they've either suggested or done themselves has sorted the issue. On the weekend, the issue was supposedly escalated to a tech support team who were supposed to get in touch and sort it. No one contacted me and so another round of phone calls to 02 took place over the last couple of days. To be honest, I don't have much faith that they will sort it out of even get back in touch. It's incredibly frustrating and, frankly, not a great introduction to 02. Annoyingly, I only switched from Tesco because they don't offer wifi calling, which is something I require now. Having no voicemail or call forwarding is really becoming an issue now and I'm almost at the point of telling 02 that if they can't offer me these services, I need to take my business elsewhere. 

Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lokiman136 

I'll tag in @O2Lisa to see if she can help at all.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

Lokiman136
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Hopefully, someone at 02 can sort it!

Message 8 of 16

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Lokiman136 I'll message you privately and look in to this for you 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 16

Lokiman136
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, update: Lisa was incredibly helpful and did her best to solve my issue, but to no avail. It's again been referred to a tech team who hopefully will be in touch within five working days (which takes it to next Thursday, unfortunately). Once again, disabling WiFi calling *seemed* to fix the issue, in that I now get the correct activation message when I dial 1750, but when someone calls my phone, it just rings four times and cuts off, there's no forwarding to voicemail, etc. Fingers crossed, the issue will get fixed, but this has been going on for a couple of weeks now and nothing has working, including previous referrals to tech teams (from whom I never actually heard, unfortunately). I remain completely baffled and frustrated: I not only live in an area where WiFi calling is an absolute must for me, but I'm in the process of applying for jobs, so the lack of voicemail is stressful. To be clear, this is absolutely no reflection on Lisa, who patiently tried her upmost to solve the problem, but if I hear from the tech team and they're able to sort out the problem, it will be a pleasant surprise!

Message 10 of 16