Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up T&C’s changing?

Itsalive1978
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 28 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon all, popped into my local o2 this afternoon to add a switch up bolt on to one of my accounts.

whilst in there the sales guy mentioned that from August the switch up t’s and c’s were changing that meant you can only switch up once every 90 days?

does anyone have any info on this change? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Announced here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introducing-O2-Switch-Up-Swap-phones-whenever-you-want/td...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Itsalive1978 

I haven't seen anything official, apart from a post on here saying things are changing, and the bolt on will not be available anymore, and you have to take up the Plus Plan.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 7

Itsalive1978
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 28 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So am I right in thinking that because I’m an existing switch up customer I can switch up at any point, however when I do switch up I will be on the new T&C’s so will only be able to switch every 90 days ?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Itsalive1978 

We've not had any confirmation on the 90 day rule.

All we know is that the bolt on is being removed from sale and you need to be on a plus plan to use switch up.

@Martin-O2 or @Breanna may be able to get us more info on the 90 day rule.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 7

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

I'll follow up on this with O2 and let you guys know the details when I have them.

Message 6 of 7

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Heads up @MI5 @madasaf1sh @Enlli @Itsalive1978 

The Switch Up thread has been revamped with the latest info. 

• If you currently have O2 Switch Up as part of a Plus Plan, and have continuously done so since before 3 August 2023, you can continue to swap to a new phone whenever you like. When you Switch Up, you'll be kept on our anytime Switch Up T&Cs (if you choose a Plus Plan)
  • If you currently have O2 Switch Up as part of a Plus Plan, but have not continuously done so since before 3 August 2023, you can swap to a new phone every 90 days. When you Switch Up, you'll be put on our 90 day Switch Up T&Cs (if you choose a Plus Plan)
  • If you currently have the O2 Switch Up Bolt On via a Custom Plan, you can swap to a new phone whenever you like, one last time. When you do Switch Up, you will have to take out a Plus Plan if you still want access to O2 Switch Up and you will then be put on our 90 day Switch Up T&Cs

Message 7 of 7