Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Big Bundle to Rolling Plan

Blondie88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Accidentally posted in the Pay Monthly section and can't delete the post.

Has anyone had a problem switching from a Big Bundle to a Rolling Plan? I have been trying since last night but it just keeps saying they can't accept my payment details and if it continues to try another card. I don't have another card to try. I called O2 to see if they could help but they could only help me switch to Pay Monthly which I don't really want to do. I've had to just top up for the Big Bundle to renew so that I'll be able to use my phone and I guess I'll try again at the end of the month 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36438 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

That cr@p about having to switch to Pay Monthly is a VM/O2 pressure selling technique, @Blondie88 - ignore that and persist with O2, try Social Media (may need a few nudges over a couple of days) as per the entries in the link just below the bottom of this post. Good luck!

Edited to add: make sure your card is good, I had similar due to my DOB having gone wrong on the bank's systems...

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36438 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

That cr@p about having to switch to Pay Monthly is a VM/O2 pressure selling technique, @Blondie88 - ignore that and persist with O2, try Social Media (may need a few nudges over a couple of days) as per the entries in the link just below the bottom of this post. Good luck!

Edited to add: make sure your card is good, I had similar due to my DOB having gone wrong on the bank's systems...

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Message 2 of 3

Blondie88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I agree. Three times in the 35minute call he asked why I didn't want to switch as it was a better deal and also I have to put my card details in for the rolling plan anyway.  Then he came back and said that he can't switch to rolling plan as they're not allowed to take card details so would he go ahead with the PM in which he does most of the work before I have to enter card details. I just said no thanks. 

I will try the social media contact nearer the end of the month before I would be due to renew the Big Bundle.  

Card is all good as like I thought it accepted the payment details for me to Top-up for the big bundle. 

Message 3 of 3