Switch Up

iancarr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

can someone please clarify once again the switch up process,

went to a local store and was looking at Pixel Pro 8, 

sales rep said if I have poor credit and start the Switch up process and credit check fails I would not get my current handset back as once they check phone and it is in good condition then the balance on that would be cleared and I would then no longer own that handset, if then the credit check for new handset fails I would go home with no handset at all, 

the amount of uncertainty regarding the switch up process is crazy, agent on phone said no credit checks are required just a check on O2 account and if no missed payments then it will be fine,

Sales rep in store says that is wrong info as it is not deemed an upgrade when switching up so therefore credit checks will be carried out.

can anyone please confirm what the score is, as I want to switch up but dont want to be left without a device.

i dont have the best credit score which was why i took sim only out last year and got upgrade to handset fine atfer 6 months

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144633 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@iancarr 

From what we have learnt on here, a soft credit check is carried out when you switch up, but no one has every said they had been refused a new contract. So both bits of advice you have been given are correct in their own way.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2