Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping numbers

SilverDragon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! I havea 18 contract with O2 at the moment, I'm quite happy but sadly reception at my office location is pretty bad. I purchased another sim from EE to have as a backup. I would like to swap the numbers between both sims, as I have noo coverage indoors at the office with o2. I would like to keep the contract with O2 as it is, but seems like the only option I found is to port the number to EE but that will automatically cancel the contract with o2.

Is there a way to still port the number but not to cancel the contract? I don't mind if I get a new number as a result in o2 (as long as the original number from o2 gets ported to EE so I dont lose that one)

hope anyone knows a better way.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

As soon as you port the number the O2 contract will be terminated

There is no way round that and another number cannot be assigned to the O2 contract

Why not just swap the sims round as it doesn't matter which phone the O2 sim is in

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

As soon as you port the number the O2 contract will be terminated

There is no way round that and another number cannot be assigned to the O2 contract

Why not just swap the sims round as it doesn't matter which phone the O2 sim is in

Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@SilverDragon 

I feel that the answer is to leave your O2 'phone at home and to set up a call diversion to your EE handset. I have never tried doing this but @MI5 gives guidance on it here :-

Solved: Call diversion - O2 Community

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Call-diversion/td-p/1429077

Or have I completely missed the point of your question ?  

Message 3 of 3