cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Discount Offer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

When I first moved onto a contract phone from pay as you go it had to be placed in my mother's name due to the credit check etc and being only 16 myself. The contract is still in her name now 4 years later and I'm aware I'm unable to switch names on account but noticed on priority moments that o2 are currently offering 30% off with upgrades for student. As I'm looking to upgrade just now this seems ideal but just wondering if I would be able to use my student id and receive the discount considering it is myself which uses the contract etc even with the contract being in her name or would I need to just cancel the contract and start again ?. Don't want to lose out on the length of time I've been with o2 to have to start from scratch. 

Any help would be great. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
ring o2 with you mum present and see if they can do a name change as some have said they will do it as long as you pass a credit check.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If the contract has never been in your name it sounds as if you'll have to start from scratch. You could call Customer Services on 202 and ask, though. Worst they could say is no.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As far as O2 is concerned the contract is your mothers, not yours......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I already knew that but it was just to see if there was any chance to still apply the discount like you can do in other circumstance and yeah I may as well give o2 a call directly and ask about it.

Message 4 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
ring o2 with you mum present and see if they can do a name change as some have said they will do it as long as you pass a credit check.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 5