Did you mean: 

Struggling to move 5 x SIM-only monthly contracts to O2

Shar2023
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello O2,
We are a family of 5 Vodafone customers struggling to move our SIM-only monthly contracts to O2.

Using USwitch, I took out 2 new SIM-only contracts for my kids porting their numbers on the way.  I was then unable to take out the 3rd+ online. The credit check started failing.
I called O2, and they said I had to wait for the two direct debits to be taken (2x£8) before attempting any additional contracts - this would take 2 weeks 😞
So I waited 2 weeks confirmed the direct debits were taken and attempted again.
It is still failing on a credit check.

I lost multiple hours yesterday trying to get through to someone in customer service.
I did eventually get through and the person was knowledgable.
They attempted to add additional contracts whilst on the phone and it also failed.

It looks like you can only take 2 contracts per person (email address/bank account) which sounds ludicrous.

I said I could use my partner's bank details for the credit check, which would give me an additional 2 family members moving over.  But what about the last person?

I didn't like this approach, if there wasn't enough money in their account to pay for the direct debit (for whatever reason) it would affect their credit rating.

I now have 2 kids with 02 and 3 wishing to move over.

How can I mirror my existing Vodafone setup where I am the lead account holder with 5 family member contracts all being paid from my (single) account?

Why is this so difficult o2?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Shar2023 

If you have been refused, it's pointless keep trying. Computer will continue to say NO. You need to wait, before you try again I'm afraid.

You won't be able to mirror your current set up with Vodafone (Having all 5 numbers on one account)

This is because O2 are moving people onto a new (360) billing system. Until we are all on the same system, we can't merge accounts.

Try a different email address to get the others over to O2. However they will be on separate accounts.

If you need help from O2 there are a few different numbers to try

Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2