Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to complete an upgrade since May

Deadandy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My current phone was badly damaged, so I tried to upgrade in May. O2 sent a faulty handset out which was returned as soon as their return packet arrived (on principle I disagree with having to go out of my way to package and post their faulty device back, and then have to wait their suggested 1-3 days for a proper delivery to occur). It then took a further 3 weeks of back and forth to get another phone sent out (apparently there was an error in their system), but somehow they messed up the order and it had to go back once more.

Again, their mistake, they should come to collect it, but for the sake of moving things along and leaving this incredibly poor experience behind, I complied once more and returned the device. Another week has elapsed since the phone arrived back to O2 and I have heard nothing from them. Being 25 hours deep in phone calls to O2 regarding this matter, I don't have the heart for another 3 weeks of back and forth. 

The agents I speak to on the phone are still promising daily that I will receive tracking for the new delivery, but nothing comes. And they don't call back as promised (10 failed manager call backs and counting). And when I call them, I wait in queue for 1hr+ to get someone who doesn't know how to deal with whatever issue they are having and eventually transfers me to a random department/drops the call.

I've spoken to 360 support, I've spoken to returns, I've spoken to retentions, I've spoken to 'floor walkers', I've spoken to a 'manager' via their incredibly cumbersome callback system and no one seems able to help or interested in helping. I've had a complaint raised since early June (to which there has been no response from O2), but I have to wait another month before I can escalate with the ombudsman service. I'd obviously prefer to not go that route so I'm here to find out what I can do or who else there could possibly be for me to talk to, to get this sorted.

Of course, in the midst of this they have been charging me the upgraded tariff rate which is costing more than before, with less data on the plan and at no point during the two months they've billed have I actually had a phone to use. 

Advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@O2Emma Can you please assist @Deadandy?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Bambino I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Deadandy I will send you a private message to look into for you.

signature
Message 3 of 5

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- Can you look into this for @Deadandy please.

signature
Message 4 of 5

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma I will take a look at this.

@Deadandy I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 5 of 5