cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story of iPhone 6 PreOrder & O2 stole my money!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had preordered a iphone 6 64GB Grey on 12th Sep 2014 and following are the events that unfolded!

1. Got a text from UK Mail on 26th Sep stating the phone will be delivered on 26th Sep between 9:48-11:48 and guess what it did not turn up.

2. Got another text from UK Mail on 29th Sep stating the phone will be delivered on 29th Sep between 11:41 - 12:41 and again no sign of the delivery.

3. I got in touch with O2 customer care on chat and I was told my address couldnt be found?!?!?! Neither O2 or UK mail did contact me to confirm the address. After confirming the address, I was promised the phone will be delivered on 2nd Oct. Phone was never delivered. Plus UK Mail status said delayed and i couldnt even change it pick up from depot!

4. I contacted O2 customer care again and i was promised again that the phone will be delivered on saturday 4th Oct! nothing turned up. So I contacted UK Mail, they said O2 had requested to send the phone back to O2 and they have done so!!!!!

5. I again contacted O2 customer care and this I was lied to by the customer care! They said the online order delivery can be changed and she has changed it store pick up for Sunday 11th. I went to the store and later found out that I was lied to by the customer care.

6. I again contacted o2 and this time they said the phone is with uk mail?!!? 

7. I got so fed up of following up so many times, I decided to cancel the order and guess what I cannot even do that! Now i am following up with O2 to refund the £199.99 I paid for the phone. Its been 4 days since all of this and no sign of cancellation or refund. Order status still says completed!!!

8. Got frustrated went on twitter about it.. I have been exchanging tweets with the O2 customer care and it went on for 2 days and still no answer by them on this order!! O2 customer care & UK mail both are just useless.

I wish I had'nt placed the pre-order!! Warning and lesson to all.

Can anybody here help me to log a formal complain against o2 and its customer service. Don't know if that is any of any use at all?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144625 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions
Complaints link here mate http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly @Toby or @Anonymous who are O2 Site Admin may be able to assist if you Private Message them.

I hope you get a reasonable outcome.
Message 3 of 17

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We've heard so many frankly pathetic excuses about this launch and non-supply that no one is now surprised any more. Ridiculous!

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
What a nightmare hope you get it sorted
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow...
U should contact O2 and complain about this ...
Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144625 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow...

I believe that's the plan mate slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Ordered on the 12th? Nearly a month and you are being given a runaround like this..Disgraceful! Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried complaining but that customer complains team seems even more useless!! 

Is there anyway I can take legal action against O2? Does public bodies like OFCOM look into such issues and support customers?

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow...

Good advice @Anonymous 

Message 10 of 17