Did you mean: 

Step by step guide

Muirwoman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looking to -

(1) Swop my O2 sim to another phone, changing the telephone number to the number that previously was on the destination phone (closing down a PAYG Smarty contract in the process on that phone). I am on a contract with O2 that has penalties if I try to leave, so  I only want to do this sim move with number change in the first instance. Will O2 penalise me for this? 

(2) However, once I have done this, I am hoping to use the original O2 telephone number with a new sim from EE. Is that possible, or have I lost that opportunity since I moved the telephone number already in the process (1) above? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

None of the things you want to do is possible

Moving your number from your contracted phone will close that account and penalties of any outstanding fees will be billed to you

You can transfer the pay and go number to EE which will again mean the pay and go account being closed and any credit lost

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

None of the things you want to do is possible

Moving your number from your contracted phone will close that account and penalties of any outstanding fees will be billed to you

You can transfer the pay and go number to EE which will again mean the pay and go account being closed and any credit lost

Message 2 of 4

Muirwoman
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I suspected that...you've helped save me a hefty penalty charge. 

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions