Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split port

Shonny
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I’ve just joined O2 and I was supposed to switch over on Friday keeping my existing number. From reading on here it appears I have a split port. The old sim is still working, and I can make calls and use data on new sim. Both have the same number. Calls to new sim go straight to voicemail on old sim. I phoned 02 yesterday and the person was obviously just going through a crib sheet of what the usual issues are and said it can take a bit longer over weekend, but couldn’t tell me how this gets resolved. Is this forum monitored so someone in the porting team can sort this, or is there a way of contacting them?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shonny
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just wanted to give an update for anyone with a similar problem in the future. As said above got another text from my old provider on Tuesday so thought I would wait and see if the switch over completed the next day, as that was what I was told was how it should have worked in the first place. I continued to use my old sim and at about 12.30 I tried to make a call but no network. Tested 4g connection and nothing there either. Swapped new sim into phone and used a landline to test if now receiving calls. All good. Waiting for someone to return a text to see if that’s OK, but so far seems problem resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Shonny 

No to both your questions as ports are handled by an external 3rd party.

Make sure you have rebooted your phone(s) and if still no good, If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.
Thanks.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Shonny
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the links. I’ve just had a text from ID mobile saying they’ve received a switch request ( same as text last week) so maybe they’re effectively starting the process again. Will leave the old SIM card in the phone for now and see what happens next. 

Message 3 of 4

Shonny
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just wanted to give an update for anyone with a similar problem in the future. As said above got another text from my old provider on Tuesday so thought I would wait and see if the switch over completed the next day, as that was what I was told was how it should have worked in the first place. I continued to use my old sim and at about 12.30 I tried to make a call but no network. Tested 4g connection and nothing there either. Swapped new sim into phone and used a landline to test if now receiving calls. All good. Waiting for someone to return a text to see if that’s OK, but so far seems problem resolved.

Message 4 of 4