cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what the hell happened to O2 UNLIMITED TARIFF?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a few numbers with this Tariff (no problems) got a new number and now O2 say we can't give you this? yet my old number still uses it.. 0_o 

Is there anyway to switch tariff from number to number or what ? as i was getting a really goodd eal on that tariff (now the news ones don't seem that appealing to me)

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Any customer can remain on the same tariff they are on provided they don't upgrade it.
If you wish to change tariffs you can do so in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 but you can't go back to your original tariff if O2 no longer offer that tariff as part of their current range.
Bottom line is, if you want to keep your unlimited tariff, don't change anything on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Legacy tariffs no longer supported but carry on on old tariff until changed  any new connections use the available tariffs was this unlimited data ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Any customer can remain on the same tariff they are on provided they don't upgrade it.
If you wish to change tariffs you can do so in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 but you can't go back to your original tariff if O2 no longer offer that tariff as part of their current range.
Bottom line is, if you want to keep your unlimited tariff, don't change anything on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

My old number uses it, but my new number doesn't? so can't i transfer it to my new number from my old number?

Common sense no? i'm sure O2 can do this.

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Yes, you can transfer the number but you will lose the old number and the account for the new number will end and you will have to pay cancellation charges.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

No no i mean transfer Tariff to my new number (my old number is diamond status) and i'm not losing it

So keep old number with any tariff but transfer o2 unlimited tariff to my new number which is also diamond status.

Possible?

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
No, sorry.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok no problem,

What is the closest tariff to o2 unlimited then ?

looking for free to free o2 calls and free texts etc 

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

You can get unlimited calls and texts on nearly all current o2 tariffs and the highest date allowances are 30gb (which is way more than you were ever allowed on the old "unlimited" data tariffs).

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals/#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

wow 50GB? ok thank's! i'll get it set up !

Thank's for the help.

Message 10 of 11