Did you mean: 

Single PAC Multiple numbers

nicg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I'm in the middle of trying to move my family's phones from EE to O2.  EE have issued a single PAC for four numbers. O2 customer services tell me this is impossible and I must have four PACs. I can find references on most other phone companies' web pages telling me that this is perfectly normal and the PAC will authorise all four numbers (including GiffGaff which uses the same backend systems I believe). 

Anyone got any advice on how I resolve this? I'm paying for two contracts on four phones and I don't really want to!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
@nicg

someone in o2 is telling porkies, im afraid as one PAC code can link to multiple numbers.

I would call again and get a different agent, as it is rare in the consumer side, but quite normal for a business to use one PAC for upwards of a hundred numbers..

I would also say dont use the online form or live chat but speak to a real person.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

nicg
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah, aware they're telling porkies but I've now spoken to two humans and one person in live chat who all refuse to accept the concept. Wondering if the best approach is not to just give them the code four times on four calls. 

Message 3 of 3