cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplicity Troubles

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else taken up one of the Simplicity options?

I'm having no end of trouble with mine as I was told, you'll keep your old sim card and number but just the tariff rates will change, great i thought nice and easy.....

So far I am still not getting any data coverage and no voicemails (red dot on voicemail icon with iphone 4)

Even tho' I have been in contact with O2 twice already to sort this out!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My account shows uk data for iphone "pending addition" bearing in mind this was supposedly sorted on Tuesday.....

Settings on my phone are idata.o2.co.uk and vertigo

This is why data isn't working.

Temporarily change your apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk" until iData kicks in on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect they haven't put you on an iphone data plan you can check it if you log into my O2 it should say data for iphone
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Voicemail on /off dial 1750/1760, try resetting it.
What data are you on (check in "MY O2") if still iData you need to check your apn's are still vertigo if not you need "mobile.o2.co.uk"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys.

My account shows uk data for iphone "pending addition" bearing in mind this was supposedly sorted on Tuesday.....

I got in touch with them again today and they said it will all be resolved in 24hrs. I'll wait and see......

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
At least it's going on glad you got there in the end thanks for letting us know slight_smile it will most likely change to iphone data at midnight
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This is why data isn't working.

Temporarily change your apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk" until iData kicks in on your account.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7