cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplicity SIM delivery times?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How long did you wait for your Simplicity SIM to be delivered?

I am not concerned, just a bit surprised that my wife's order that showed "complete" last Friday and supposedly despatched by Royal Mail first class, has not graced my doormat this morning.

I just asked the virtual Ask Lucy and that old girl reckons that First Class can take up to five working days. Am I missing something here?? grin

The order confirmation claimed 1-3 working days, but I am seriously keen to hear from anybody that got theirs within one working day.

In true O2 style I have a bill for £36.14, issued on Saturday, just no service. So far that equates to 5 x £1.14 = £5.70. At what point does it become unreasonable?

Curious to hear your views.

BTW, I am not wishing to sound like the previous nutters who have graced these boards on this very subject. grin
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
My SIM didn't turn up for over a week. I then phoned O2 who told me I could go and get one from my local O2 store (luckily I have one about 2 minutes from where I live, but she seemed to assume that everyone has a "local" store that they can just pop to). She told me that they'd deactivate the SIM that they had supposedly sent me in the post. It still hasn't arrived to this day (4 months later).

Explained to the guy at the store who just gave me another SIM there and then.

+1 for customer service at the store.
-1 for O2 postal service.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another day goes by and still no SIM.

:womanindifferent:

Can't beat a bit of First Class.... I will not repeat my postman's response to my challenge that Royal Mail was the cause of the delay. He seems to think that completed does not mean despatched. 😐
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't beat a bit of First Class.... I will not repeat my postman's response to my challenge that Royal Mail was the cause of the delay. He seems to think that completed does not mean despatched. 😐

It does mean dispatched. slight_smile

The order system quotes 1-3 working days. You could go to an o2 store and request a free sim if you've got the chance?
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does mean dispatched. slight_smile
The order system quotes 1-3 working days. You could go to an o2 store and request a free sim if you've got the chance?

I have just ordered her a sim free, unbranded Desire, which will either arrive tomorrow or Friday......ha! If the SIM still hasn't arrived when the phone does I will drive to Bedford and get her a SIM.... if they will give it to me. She is way too busy to do it herself.

I was really curious whether the guys on here complaining about SIM delivery times were just flukes, but I can see for myself now that alternative delivery options, at extra cost, need to be offered.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll get a SIM for you if you don't have a store near you? I've got one pretty much next to where I live.
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86776 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5054 Solutions
I went for Saturday delivery when ordering on Friday morning and actually got it at 11 am Saturday :mansurprised: :mansurprised: Not cheap though!

consumer:CDO:SATURDAYAMDELIVERY 2009-01-03 Saturday Delivery #9.77
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM Icons(Twitter |
Instagram | Facebook)

5695219-2
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went for Saturday delivery when ordering on Friday morning and actually got it at 11 am Saturday :mansurprised: :mansurprised: Not cheap though!
consumer:CDO:SATURDAYAMDELIVERY 2009-01-03 Saturday Delivery #9.77

I never noticed delivery options for SIM only deals. See! I am getting old and not too wise! :womanindifferent:

Just ordered my new maps for my TomTom, money off voucher at the ready, but I ordered without using the voucher.

I am feeling very vulnerable at the moment. I need some wanty loving! :robotsurprised:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll get a SIM for you if you don't have a store near you? I've got one pretty much next to where I live.

Tulstar, apologies, I have only just noticed this post of yours. Your offer is very much appreciated.

Happily, I can report that it arrived today.

It was sent first class, just not sure when. wink There is a thread on the Discuss O2 forum about these things being out of stock.

I didn't even get the "we have sent it" email.

Andy
Message 9 of 9