cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I lost my phone last week. I went into my local O2 shop and they blocked the phone and existing simcard. They then issued me with a new simcard, but it doesn't work after over 48 hours. Have they forgotten to press the 'GO' button for the new sim? or am I not doing something on my new handset? it's a Nokia Lumia 800.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

It's quite simple, switch ur phone off and on. 

If u have a signal then. U can just ring 202 or ask Web chat to lift the bars. 

If you don't have a signal you either need to go back to the shop to activate it or you can order one from customer services. Unfortunately customer services can't activate sim cards that weren't send by them. Hope this helps! slight_smile 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The account would have been blocked not the simcard. You need to contact customer service and ask them to lift the lost/stolen block on the account as it isn't something they would do automatically. A phone call preferably but even live chat should be able to remove the bar on your account. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi hot_dog_shep

If as you state "I went into my local O2 shop and they blocked the phone and existing simcard." , then perhaps if the shop is convenient you could go back in if your passing or indeed ring as directed above.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

It's quite simple, switch ur phone off and on. 

If u have a signal then. U can just ring 202 or ask Web chat to lift the bars. 

If you don't have a signal you either need to go back to the shop to activate it or you can order one from customer services. Unfortunately customer services can't activate sim cards that weren't send by them. Hope this helps! slight_smile 

Message 4 of 4