Did you mean: 

Sim keeps dropping out

Thedrunkendruid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have recently had a pay monthly, Galaxy 5G S21, with a new 5G SIM card to suit.

About once a week, my phone appears to drop its connection with the O2 network, and refuses to see any phone network until I reset the phone.

Any ideas if it's a faulty sim, or phone or what?

(This mornings drop out, prevented my elderly mother's fall alert alarm company from being able to contact me, so the issue is somewhat critical).

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Thedrunkendruid 

Get a new sim.The easiest way is instore although you could call O2 on any number is in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Mickep1955
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem. Mine first started on my S20 and I thought it was the phone. I now have an S21 and I am having the same problem. Did a new sim sort your problem? Has any one else had the same problem? My seems to happen if my phone drops off the network and then doesn't automatically reconnect, so stays off the network until I notice the problem. 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Same answer, @Mickep1955 - head into your nearest O2 Store, with some valid photo ID, and they'll fit a new SIM and ensure your number is moved from old to new SIM.

Or call O2, numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support - call after 8am today, and when you get the new SIM, follow the process yourself to move your number to the new SIM as shown here: Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update.

If you use Twitter or Facebook, you can also reach out to O2 via Social Media, links just below this post, to start this process. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4