Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim contract renewal and length

cityboyhirst
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife and I are currently on a pay as you go sim (our pay monthly contract as expired) and we have been offered a cheaper, better deal on pay monthly. Whilst I would like to take up the offer my wife is wanting to upgrade her phone when her device plan ends in March. 

Would she have to wait until July when the proposed new sim expires before renewing?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@cityboyhirst 

You will be on refresh tariffs which means you are able to flex your airtime portion up or down as you wish.

The options available to you are in your MyO2 in the tariff section.

Flexing your tariff does not alter the length on your contract, so it will still end at the same date as originally.

To take a completely new contract would require you to pay off your device plan fully first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@cityboyhirst 

You can't be on PAYG and still have a device plan running.

If your wife wants to upgrade now she will have to pay off her device plan first.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

cityboyhirst
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This to be honest MI5 is why I posted. I don't know how any of this works.

We both got phones on pay monthly with a new tariff (2020). Now with 8 months remaining to pay the phone we have received an email from O2 advertising a new tariff. I thought that because they where billed separately you could change the tariff. When we received this I thought it was an option but maybe not. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@cityboyhirst 

You will be on refresh tariffs which means you are able to flex your airtime portion up or down as you wish.

The options available to you are in your MyO2 in the tariff section.

Flexing your tariff does not alter the length on your contract, so it will still end at the same date as originally.

To take a completely new contract would require you to pay off your device plan fully first.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

cityboyhirst
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

You're welcome mate

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6