Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card

Caley1_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got an o2 phone from phones direct, phone came with o2 sim card ready to go, I opted for my number to be the same so I'm currently awaiting activation on o2 sim card, I got a text message saying this would be complete by 6pm 1st July. However it still hasn't been done and I have no idea what to do and I also don't know my o2 sim number as it was already in the phone? Any help??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Caley1_ 

How to find your number Guide: How do I find my own mobile number? 

Contact numbers for O2 to check on progress of number change here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Caley1_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I also have sim 1 not provisioned so I can't do anything. I am switching from ee to o2 and my ee number(the one I am trying to keep) still works and my o2 one doesn't, do I need to do something to get my number switched and for everything to work?
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Caley1_ 

You'll need your PAC from EE to transfer number to O2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Bringing your number to O2

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code. This is made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. 

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online.Or call us on 202 free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4