Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silly Question

Steve1974
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I know the answer but have to check, and there is no obvious way to send the question to customer service.  Is it possible to add the end on my contract onto the start of my next one.  I'm in the last 6 months of a 3 year contract and my phone is barely hanging on.  Apart from the power issues, it's got some damage, all my fault.

I don't want to buy another phone as a make do till the end phone, and plan to upgrade once my contract allows, but that would let upgrade sooner for a new 3 year contract.

I know the answer is no, but want to check anyway.

All the best

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Steve1974 

The answer is no, you would have to pay off the old phone and then upgrade, I am afraid this is the only way to do it. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Steve1974 

The answer is no, you would have to pay off the old phone and then upgrade, I am afraid this is the only way to do it. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Steve1974 

The answer is no (as you guessed) The only thing you can do is keep checking My O2 to see if you see those magic words YOU CAN UPGRADE TODAY. If they aren't there, it might be worth a call to the sales team to ask about an early upgrade. You will have to pay what's left on your device but I'm sure it's worth it. The sales team can be contacted on 0800 081 0255. Or try popping instore and see what you can negotiate with them. Best of luck xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3