cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigh. I used my 14 day cooling off to PAC out but now getting charged the full contract

mutantcarrot
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After posting on here about slow speeds, I got a PAC from O2 on THU 28th June whilst I was still in my 14 day cooling off period.  I requested by PAC from O2: The O2 SMS message stated that "You're in your Change Your Mind period, if you switch before 04/07/2023 you wont have to pay any charges for ending your contract with us" and it also had my PAC in the same SMS.  I gave the PAC to my new provider on the 28th June, they said it would take a full working day to complete.

The PAC went through/activated/transferred on FRI 30th June with my new provider so this should be the switching date.  The o2 sim went dead the same day (I have a dual sim phone so it is trivial to check), new sim took over the number correctly.  Even with another  working day for O2 to update their system I was easily within the cooling off period of TUE 4th Jul.

Roll on an email today saying that I will be charged the whole contract amount!  I cannot click on the "see my bill" as "myO2" reckons I have no products with them and no way to click on a bill so I cannot see what they have charged me for or why.

Any ideas on what I can do to avoid being charged?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mutantcarrot
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

16 hours (thats what it said at the side of resolver for my case) before I could escalate to the ombudsman I get a phone call upholding my complaint.  Full money to be returned to me.  So thats a full 8 weeks from the time I escalated a complaint via resolver.

Keep at your complaint if you have one and use the resolver service.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@O2Emma Can you please assist @mutantcarrot?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

This morning it is @O2Ryan .

Can you see if you can help @mutantcarrot please Ryan?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 11

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 4 of 11

mutantcarrot
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thank you

Message 5 of 11

mutantcarrot
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

O2 has now charged me the full contract which has put a massive dent in my bank account.  Customer services ghosting me. 

I have raised a complaint via "resolver" with all the screenshots of SMS, contracts, proof of switching within cooling off period.  O2 SMS with PAC giving the "You’re in you change your mind period, if you switch before 04/07/2023, you won’t have to pay any charges for ending your contract with us, but you’ll have to pay for the airtime you’ve used".  PAC switch went through on 30/06/23 and the O2 SIM went dead on the same day, MyO2 account also locked out with "you dont have any products or services" so I cant the old bill either. 

Even with a few days admin time I was well within my change your mind date given by O2.  Utter shambles of a company.

Now I guess I wait for the 8 weeks to time out before I can escalate to the ombudsman.

Message 6 of 11

mutantcarrot
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

16 hours (thats what it said at the side of resolver for my case) before I could escalate to the ombudsman I get a phone call upholding my complaint.  Full money to be returned to me.  So thats a full 8 weeks from the time I escalated a complaint via resolver.

Keep at your complaint if you have one and use the resolver service.

Message 7 of 11

Dmt-313
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have EXACTLY the same issue here. O2 emailed today saying we owe them £455 for ending the contract early. 

Is there any way I could contact you regarding this gor advice etc?

Message 8 of 11

Dmt-313
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi  O2 are doing the EXACT same thing to me, saying I owe them £455. Can I message you regarding this for any advice etc?

Message 9 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36023 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Dmt-313 wrote:

Hi  O2 are doing the EXACT same thing to me, saying I owe them £455. Can I message you regarding this for any advice etc?

This is not o2, but you can contact them via Social Media, the link below will take you to three of the options. Good luck, @Dmt-313!

Message 10 of 11