cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of so called surprises

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sick of the "rewards" on surprises .. I have spent £30 in the last 3 weeks,and got three seperate silver surprises which are all totally rubbish .. £5 from "i want one of those" is good .. yeah good if you have a credit card and are willing to pass on your details.. what if you are one of those who dont have a credit card ??? three damn times i have been offered £5 off this and £10 of that .. total waste of time and energy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shove it :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad:
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
You're in with a chance of something free for topping up your phone, which presumably you would have done anyway, and you're complaining.
Sorry I don't get it! 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
This topic has been discussed at great length on the site which a search on here will bring up what already has been said.
Now that most payg users are on plans that give an assortment of unlimited texts and internet with cross networks 02 need to look at other give aways.
The offers I see are the money off or % off discounts off products and fun stuff, which does not interest me either, but it will be suitable for others. 02 probably get some form of kickback from them companies.
Although we do get a % back of our top ups which is good.
My prime concern is good reception and a good tariff which 02 unlimited simplicity gives me.
I would prefer ideas such as :
congratulations youve won an accessory to the cost of £xx.xx, or % off so please visit your local 02 shop to claim your gift.
This would give a person something material wise to retain and will also draw that person and friends, family etc into their store which may result in further purchases !

Obviously 02 are a business and when thinking about retaining their customers or attracting new ones they have to factor into their profit margins the cost of give aways.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can you be sick of something which is free, optional and a lucky dip?
If it upsets you so much then don't enter!
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I am complaining . They dangle a carrot out to you ,and its useless .
Its like giving Wayne Rooney %10 off wash and go !
I dont have a credit card anyway so how could I (even if I wanted to) claim the crud .
Not upset,annoyed there is a difference and fyi wont bother entering anymore . Ill send you the code and you can have it ( 😮 thats surprised)
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be nice !
Message 6 of 13

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
It might be helpful for you to get a prepaid debit card in order to be able to do stuff like this online, I've just got one for £4.95 which is free to use online.
There are often ways round these problems if you seek them out.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Perksie
Thats not a bad idea .. I'll have a look into that wink
I am nice really,just miffed .Sorry for sounding off,but it just winds me up.
Message 8 of 13

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
That's ok, it can make you feel better! grin
Perksie in Sigmund Freud mode! grin

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't they still do the free O2 debit cards for buying online? Then you could use your voucher.
Message 10 of 13