Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending imessage

curlyboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi guys, just started using my new o2 account, sent two videos via iMessage, and have been charged £1.08p🙁do these messages not count against my 100gb allowance, if not, then what does, I should add that this was not made clear at the outset so I’m a bit disappointed, the reason I chose this plan was the 100 go data allowance as I send a lot of pictures and video via iMessage
Thanks
curly
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145046 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@curlyboy 

If sent via iMessage they don't cost extra at all.

But if you sent via sms text message they will be converted to mms and are charged extra Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 145046 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@curlyboy 

If sent via iMessage they don't cost extra at all.

But if you sent via sms text message they will be converted to mms and are charged extra Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

curlyboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi, thanks for the reply, yes that does make it clear but still disappointed, probably bought the wrong package, I’ll have to use WhatsApp although signal here in Cornwall is so bad that isn’t always possible, rarely get 4g
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 145046 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Welcome

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4