cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed into another 18 month contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable
02 didn't contact me about my contract renewel, didn't downgrade my tarif to excuse the Iphone i have already paid for nor offer me an upgrade, would like a moderater to explain this to me.

I dont think "auto" renewel is a legitimate form of business, it was never stated to me that it would be so.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 don't autorenew.

I'm not even going to really bother with the rest, but you're over the age of 18, it's up to you to check when your contract ends. It is also up to you to request to move down a tariff, it is up to you to phone to request an upgrade.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 don't autorenew.
I'm not even going to really bother with the rest, but you're over the age of 18, it's up to you to check when your contract ends. It is also up to you to request to move down a tariff, it is up to you to phone to request an upgrade.

So if they dont auto renew then wheres my request to renew? Shouldn't they just stop my contract?
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where have O2 autorenewed you?
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
My contract was supposed to END on the 20th of june or so i thought however it says that it was renewed then for another 18 months, i didn't sign or give permission for this to happen.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your contract does end, it then turns into a 30 rolling contract until you request it to be cancelled or changed.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah ok, i was very worried this wasn't the case, they don't make that very clear on my account in the tariff section. I will ring up about it tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87314 Posts
  • 596 Topics
  • 5281 Solutions
All you need to do is give 30 days notice to terminate your contract.
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn't it your responsibility to renew your contract?
Message 9 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
You are excused for buying an iPhone. slight_smile

I never cease to be amazed how people can sign a contract, which is a legal document, without a clue as to how it works. 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 12