cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Europa MMS & 3G problems??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
I have a samsung galaxy europa pay as you go.
I have manually set up the phone to send and recieve MMS & Web (because this phone does not support the automatic downloading of settings)
However I am still having some issues sending and receiving MMS.
I have APNdroid on my phone to manage my 3G usage (so it dosent eat my credit bascially!) but it is suppose to allow me to still be able to send and receive MMS, has anyone had the same issues??
If so can anyone advise me how to manage my 3G usage, without effecting my ability to send and receive MMS.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem! I have the Samsung Galaxy Europa and also use the APNdroid to manage my internet usage.
I can't seem to send or receive any mms.
I phoned O2 and manually had to go through all the settings yet it still isn't working.
I hope someone can help!
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the Phone have 2 APN's listed (one for Web and the other for MMS) I say this because some Andriod phones don't. If one and you kill it then you will loose MMS. It may also be that the program kills everything and does not differentiate.
Really it is not an O2 problem, nor for that fact Samsung, it is a third party program causing this behaviour
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
It seems that there are two APNs, one called O2 Wap Prepay and another (which I manually set up whilst on the phone to O2) called O2 pay and go. I've got it selected on the pay and go because that's what the phone is.
I've uninstalled the APNdroid to see what happens but so far still no luck.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
It seems that there are two APNs, one called O2 Wap Prepay and another (which I manually set up whilst on the phone to O2) called O2 pay and go. I've got it selected on the pay and go because that's what the phone is.

I think you need to manually re-put in all the settings again and you should be ok,
what you probably done was uninstalled APNdroid while it was active? This leaves the blocking text / script in the addresses and stuff in your APN. (Basically how it works is adding in confusing text to the settings so it stops it working!)
If you re-do it, and turn on and off your phone you should be fine.
There does not seem to be a way of setting your phone to disable 3G and still recieve and send MMS though :robotsad:
But if you check the access settings for apps you may have downloaded (ebay,facebook,certain news ones) and change them to only work on demand rather than constantly update, it should massively reduce your 3G usage.
Download 3G watchdog and you can monitor how much you are using, and check your "running applications" in the settings to see what is using your data.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I think you need to manually re-put in all the settings again and you should be ok,
what you probably done was uninstalled APNdroid while it was active? This leaves the blocking text / script in the addresses and stuff in your APN. (Basically how it works is adding in confusing text to the settings so it stops it working!)
If you re-do it, and turn on and off your phone you should be fine.
There does not seem to be a way of setting your phone to disable 3G and still recieve and send MMS though :robotsad:
But if you check the access settings for apps you may have downloaded (ebay,facebook,certain news ones) and change them to only work on demand rather than constantly update, it should massively reduce your 3G usage.
Download 3G watchdog and you can monitor how much you are using, and check your "running applications" in the settings to see what is using your data.

When you said that there is no way of disabling 3G and still recieve and send MMS through, there is a way, I have the Samsung Galaxy Europa, just go to the Android market and search 'Quick Settings', it's a free app, then go to app and disable 3G and you can also send + recieve MMS. The only pproblem is though as soon as you turn on wifi it auto turns on so when you switch off Wifi remember to turn off 3G afterwards!
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does that actually work? I have Quick settings on my phone, and that function didnt seem to work for me?
Also, is it possible to recieve MMS if you have no credit on this phone?
Message 7 of 7