Did you mean: 

SIM swapping O2 to O2

sparx78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm trying to swap an existing O2 number to a new O2 SIM card.  I chose a new SIM card because the deal was better on that one than the previous.

I am a TalkTalk customer and got the original SIM and number through them a few years ago.  TalkTalk stopped doing new mobile deals and encouraged us to swap to O2 which was fine.

A few days ago I noticed a better SIM deal (as a TT customer) so tried to swap to it through the website.  To cut a long story short, the web site didn't want to complete the transaction and through calling 202 I was advised just to buy the new SIM and swap it by texting SWAP to 20202.  Anyway, that hasn't worked and the web swap system doesn't work either.

So now I have two SIM cards on O2 and two numbers.  I want to keep the old one and use the new SIM that has better contract terms.

Can anyone help please?  Thank you!

P.S.  I cannot speak to anyone at O2 because it's all automated at the moment due to you know what!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@sparx78 

Customer service are amazing!!!

You cannot do a sim swap for this.

You need to call O2 and ask them to migrate your old number to the new sim card.

Numbers here:

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@sparx78 

Customer service are amazing!!!

You cannot do a sim swap for this.

You need to call O2 and ask them to migrate your old number to the new sim card.

Numbers here:

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

sparx78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 !  Such a fast response, you're amazing...

Did what you said and straight through to someone who sorted it out immediately.  Hats off to O2 and this community.

Keep safe everyone!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
You're welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4