Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM only contract: Failure to port numbers from BT to O2

David_B
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is nearly three weeks since two SIM only numbers should have been ported from BT to O2. Despite many calls to 'Customer Service' and official complaints, still unable to receive calls from anyone with the O2 SIMs. O2 'Customer Service' now refuse to discuss the matter "because it's been made a complaint" and the Complaints Service just ignore follow-up emails asking why numbers not yet ported properly. So we are stuck. with no-one able to contact us via mobile. 

It's absolutely appalling and insane customer contempt - not 'service' - on the part of O2 and wish I'd never tried to switch networks - at least BT will still  talk to me about it all and have tried to help with it !

Really at end of tether / patience exhausted.....

Must we continue to hope O2 will eventually deign to respond or any other suggestions to try to progress this?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@David_B We have been told that Resolver has been effective: Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@David_B 

Unfortunately you have fallen between the rock and the hard place aka BT and o2 and them talking to get this fixed, as basically BT (EE) have to put a forward on their network to o2...  (and BT Mobile are a MVNO so have to rely on BT(EE) to resolve any issues... ) I have a feeling you would have the same with any network...

The only thing you can do is ask for a deadlock letter and take it to the ombudsman... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@David_B We have been told that Resolver has been effective: Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

David_B
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for responding and for the info.

It may be that the same can happen with any network but O2's pathetic 'support' to rectify it is theirs alone!

Message 4 of 7

David_B
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - tried Resolver and awaiting any positive response

Message 5 of 7

David_B
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update re Resolver 

Automated acknowledgement  to Resolver from O2 on 15 October, but nothing put on there by them since then............

Message 6 of 7

David_B
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Further update

- still no response from O2 either directly or via Resolver

Their indifference / unhelpfulness to a (disabled / vulnerable customer who relies on mobile for essential care purposes) is almost unbelievable

Have now issued a formal 'letter before action' and if needs be will take all possible legal etc action against O2.

Message 7 of 7