cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Swap on Nokia Lumia 520

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I picked up my first smart phone recently, the afformentioned Lumia 520 and have run into a potential problem.

I bought it from Carphone Warehouse on a deal to get it for £80 if I also bought £10 top up with it, which I did. When I set my phone up I looked into keeping my current number and found the SIM swap page, thinking it was a good idea, I tried it and received notice that it didn't work for me, however, the next day, my number had been changed. However, it appears that the £10 top up I had went missing because of it.

I called Carphone Warehouse to see if the top up was on the sim or meant to be a separate card and was told it was already on the SIM, so it would appear that my using the SIM Swap meant I lost my credit.

So, a couple of questions.

Firstly, does anyone have any idea for sure if this is the case?

Secondly, assuming it is, what can I do about it?

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
The credit would have been on the sim card. Call customer service with both numbers and they should be able to transfer it to your original number.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
The credit would have been on the sim card. Call customer service with both numbers and they should be able to transfer it to your original number.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, great, thanks for the confirmation.
Message 3 of 3