Did you mean: 

S22 dual sim unlocked?

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Probably a silly question but on a dual sim phone can you add a sim from any network?

Couple of reasons i ask:

1-Going abroad soon outside the EU so thought a local sim might be best

2- When my contract expires im leaving o2 as the service is terrible at times, so wanted to test a PAYG sim from another network first

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6628 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1490 Solutions

O2 have not locked phones since 2018 so all is good to try different network SIM cards

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
  • 6628 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1490 Solutions

O2 have not locked phones since 2018 so all is good to try different network SIM cards

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

A dual sim means that two different network sims will work just  fine as your phone is unlocked

Agreed about the O2 coverage issues which is why I have an EE sim along with the O2 as my main contact now

Message 3 of 7

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Perfect thank you both

Message 4 of 7

Enlli
  • 6628 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1490 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Agreed about the O2 coverage issues which is why I have an EE sim along with the O2 as my main contact now.

Copy Cat 🤣

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's just such a shame that the once number one network is now at best third but most likely now the worst network for coverage

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@jonsie 

That's very fair comment but the "best" networks are the ones that work in the locations that you frequent. 

I make few calls and texts so in my dual SIM handset, it's currently an O2 classic PAYG SIM and a Three data SIM for me.  

Message 7 of 7