Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra delivered, not powering up / turning on

Neill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just taken delivery of the s20 ultra, 512gb/16gb model. Over the moon to get it early, ordered release day!
But... phone doesn't charge or power on, using charger from box, left for couple hours tried combinations of button presses/holds etc, tried the charger on my s10+ and works fine.
O2 support frankly useless, seems I'm going to have to wait for stock, wont find out until the 13th, when I'm sure the answer will be 4+ weeks for stock.
Anyone else had the same problem?! Anyone got any suggestions for a possible fix? Or escalation in o2?
Thanks in advance, such a shame as was really looking forward to getting it setup!
Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23145 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Neill  I think you've answered your own question. If it's faulty you'll just have to send it back and wait for another.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Neill
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Bambino, probably right, was just hoping someone may have a better way of getting help with o2 other than just ringing 202! Thanks.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Neill 

Some generic things to try:

Device Won't Turn On / Off - Samsung

Press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
Note If the device doesn't power on or is unresponsive, attempt the following:

1. Press and hold the Power button and Volume button for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the device into a manufacturer-approved wall charger and wait 1 hour.
    Note The battery charging indicator may take up to 10 minutes to appear on the phone's screen.
    Caution The Samsung factory charger is required to properly charge the device. Battery damage can result from prolonged use of a 3rd party charger.
  3. If the LED indicator doesn't light up after 10 minutes, move the wall charger to a different outlet to ensure the issue isn't with the outlet.
    Note Using the USB connection on a computer requires significantly more time to charge (up to 10 hours).
  4. Verify that the device, charger and USB cable have no physical or water damage.
  5. Disconnect the device from the wall charger, then press and hold the Power button 30 seconds.
  6. If the device still doesn't power on, repeat steps 1-3 using a different charger.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23145 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Neill  Sorry to say that calling 202 and persevering with them is your best option. If a brand new phone isn't working straight out of the box, that's a definite reason for returning it immediately. As it seems to be a phone that's in such high demand you're probably going to have to wait some time for a replacement. slight_frown

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
You can always reach out to Samsung for a warranty claim. They will probably have stock aside for such issues like Apple do
Message 6 of 8

Neill
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks MI5, found those same instructions, no joy tho, on the 3rd charger just to be sure! I'll try Samsung tomorrow see what they say, they were really good when I had a problem with my galaxy buds.thanks for all the help guys!
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Best of luck mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8