Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Daniel8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I want to change my phone number from three to O2 but I'm wondering what will happen after 1 January when I travel abroad in Europe. Will the calls still being free to call local numbers?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Daniel8 

Nothing has been 100% confirmed as yet and although O2 have stated that they would try to keep everything the same as now, I guess it depends entirely on what, if any, deal is agreed upon with the EU.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Daniel8

So far all the networks have said that there will be no change on the 1st Jan 2021 to the current EU roaming agreements.

source - cityam

edited to include statement from o2

O2, which serves more than a quarter of the UK’s mobile customers, also confirmed that it has no plans to roll out roaming costs for UK travellers, despite the government’s announcement.

An O2 spokesperson told City A.M: “We’re committed to providing our customers with great connectivity and value when they travel outside the UK. We currently have no plans to change our roaming services across Europe, maintaining our ‘Roam Like At Home’ arrangements.”

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3