Did you mean: 

Roaming in Japan - lost all credit

Bamboccio
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 95 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

While on holiday in Japan I left roaming on.  I actually had a separat router with me so I did not really use any data.  Unfortunately I was still automatically charged the daily charge and I lost about £25 crdit for nothing.

I was not sent any message saying that I was charged and that is quite upsetting.

Do you think that I can get a refund? 

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Call 4445 and ask customer service but you must have connected to the mobile network for either data calls or texts so a refund is unlikely I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Call 4445 and ask customer service but you must have connected to the mobile network for either data calls or texts so a refund is unlikely I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
I doubt it very much. Call and hope to speak to a sympathetic adviser, as ever, it depends who you get through to.
However be prepared for the worst as no matter the circumstances, ultimately it was user error.
Message 3 of 8

Bamboccio
  • 95 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you both, I will call early next week. My point is that I was not told how much the charge was and I was not told that the money was being taken. Do I have a point? 😞
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I can see your point and I'd refund you, but I can't.
You may get a goodwill gesture from o2.
Let us know when you've spoken to them.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Bamboccio
  • 95 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.  I managed to get £15 refunded.  I admitted having Roaming On and stressed that no message was sent saying that the money was being taken.  If they have refunded they have implicitely admitted that it is not acceptable to do so.  I am happy for the refund (the adviser was a nice person etc) but O2 should be transparent on how it charges its clients.

Many thanks

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Glad you got sorted out. Well done slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions